1. What are the main differences between our two houses/locations – Esmoriz and Espinho?
Even though Espinho and Esmoriz are only 7 km far between (5 minutes by train) the two places are quite different.
Esmoriz is more about nature, relaxation and quietness, as it is surrounded by green areas- the city park, the Barrinha lagoon and the protected forest, besides the beaches, of course. The city is small and has a unique easy going rhythm. The house is 200 meters far from the beach and closest surf spot totally fits the surroundings! Wonderful restaurants and bakeries, bars, laundry and supermarket are at a walking distance from the house. The train station is 25 minutes walking, 10 minutes with the bike!
As surfing is related, Esmoriz area has lots of surf spots to offer, most of them only with a few people surfing. The spots are not so consistent as Espinho, especially out from the Summer season, but because there are a few ones, usually when one is not working properly there’s another one starting to pump.
Espinho has a more urban beach pulse and it’s busier when compared to Esmoriz, both in and out from the water! Our house is only 30 meters from the beach and main surf spot, allowing our guest to leave our place with the wetsuit on. We’re also 200 meters from the train station and at a walking distance from everything else you might need: great restaurants, tasty bakeries, supermarkets, laundry, local market, shops, bars… even the Casino!
Concerning to surfing, the main spot (Baía) is only a few steps away from our place and it’s really consistent! During high season can be a bit crowded.
2. What kind of guests usually stay in each house?
Well… it all comes down to what type of vacation you want, right?! But anyway, most of our guests have surfing as their main goal. Nightlife and crazy hangovers are long gone, meaning that if party is your motivation, maybe we are not your best option.
In Esmoriz most of our guests are couples and small groups of friends, or even families looking to take the whole house for them (6 persons).
In Espinho, our guests are usually single travellers, small groups of friends and couples.
About their ages, the average guest has from 25- 33 years old.
3. I’m a beginner and I’m stoked about surfing. Is it possible for me to surf there and what’s the best time to go?
Most of our surfers are beginners. That means something, right! Even though our surf pots are all sandbars (no rocks/reef breaks) and change with the overall conditions, most of the year they suit all levels of surfing.
In Esmoriz area there are a lot of surf spots. The closest one is 200 meters far from our house. They are not the most consistent ones but, because there are quite a few, usually when one is not working properly anymore there’s another one starting to pump! The beaches are chilled and offer some of the best landscapes of the region. Surfing is relaxed and the lineup has only a few surfers most of the times.
In Espinho, our house is only 30 meters far from the beach and best surf spot, which is very consistent and offers great conditions to all surfing levels. It gets a bit crowded on the weekends and especially during August, according to our standards, Of course, if you already surfed well-known locations before you probably won’t consider the crowd that much of a problem… Different standards!
4. What about the air and water temperatures?
Let’s cut to the chase: it’s cold! It changes from freezing cold during the Winter to “less” cold during the Spring, fresh on Summer and ok on late Summer / early Autumn. But that’s why we have some nice 4.3 mm wetsuits for you! So no excuses to skip surfing!
Temperature-wise, from 12 degrees on the bad days to 21 degrees on a great day!
About the general weather and air temperatures, Winter is cold and temperatures can get to 2 degrees on the coldest nights, 9 during the day. Spring the temperatures rise and then go from 12-24 degrees average.
Summer is nice but not extremely hot. Temperatures can go from 17 degrees at night to 30 degrees during the day. Biquinis and shorts are important, as well as some nice hoody for the night! Autumn has some colder nights but the still warm during the day.
Most of the rain during last years happened in January, February and April. March and May brought occasional rain.
5. What services and packages do you offer?
We provide single services that guests can customize and packages.
About our packages:
– Weekly Surf & Accommodation Pack;
– Weekly Surf Plus package (soon);
Regarding our single services:
– Bed & breakfast accommodation (breakfast, towels, bed linen and wifi included);
– Surf lessons (min of 3 persons, or option of personal lesson)
– Surfing rentals;
– Yoga sessions (min 4 persons);
– SUP tours (Barrinha de Esmoriz and organized tours – soon)
– Functional training for surfers
– Surf Trips (min of 4 persons)
– Airport and beach transfers;
6. Can I book a single surf lesson or any other service separately, out from a package?
Yep! Doesn’t matter if you book only accommodation or if you come with a package, you can always add extra surf lessons, as well as any of the services provided, including extra nights. Note that some of them you can’t request through our website, as they are subject to availability.
7. I’d love to visit Porto! Is it possible?
It’s more than possible- you simply should not waste the opportunity! Why? Because it’s close, fast, cheap and there’s no need to have a car. Both in Espinho and Esmoriz the train station allows you to get to the centre of Porto in 20-30 minutes. Then you’ll have a complete world to discover and explore, inside of such a small, historical and beautiful city.
Even though the train’s schedule changes along the year, usually last train leaving Porto is around 01:15 am, and the first one leaving Esmoriz / Espinho to Porto is around 6 am. Timetables and rates are available at CP website, or through their mobile app.
8. Can I get a discount, please?
Of course, you can! Here’s how:
– Get your friends or family together and request our house for yourselves, meaning a group of at least 6 persons in Esmoriz, 10 persons in Espinho. If so, we’ll get you a 10% discount on accommodation, surfing or any desired package. Extra services not included;
– For each extra week booked we offer a 10% discount;
– Are you a returning guest? Then 10’% discount assured on accommodation, surfing or any desired package. Extra services not included;
– Come surf out from high season. Yes, it’s colder and conditions are more unpredictable, but’s also true that there are less crowd and prices are cheaper!
– Stay tuned to our early limited sales! Best way to do be the first to know it’s to follow us on our social media (check the link on the top of the page)
9. Ok, let’s do this! How shall I book?
At this stage, you’ll be only a couple seconds away from getting a ticket to paradise! Fill in the booking request form on our website and we’ll be back to you asap.
* Check our Terms & Conditions available on the bottom menu